The Company and its Vision
Founded in 2010, The Islamic Museum of Australia (IMA) is a not-for-profit organisation that provides educational and cross-cultural experiences to the public, showcasing the artistic and cultural heritage of Muslims in Australia and abroad. The IMA aims to provide awareness and understanding about what it means to be a Muslim in Australia and to dispel common myths and prejudices about the Muslim community.
The IMA are seeking a driven and motivated Public Programs & Education Manager. Reporting to the IMA General Manager, the purpose of this role is to manage the development and delivery of IMA’s programs for a variety of audiences. The successful candidate will also facilitate education and program partnerships that embody the Museums’ mission and objectives.
- Develop, manage, promote and deliver engaging public programs and events
- Oversee program content and ensure educational and curricular alignment to the museum’s collections and exhibitions
- Develop and maintain relationships with other cultural and community organisations, schools, artists and other external stakeholders
- Manage the IMA’s online education database and develop relevant news content
- Develop strategies to increase school and student visitation to the IMA
- Speak at conferences and teacher workshops regarding educational opportunities, resources and exhibitions at the IMA
- Develop and implement program evaluation tools to measure and interpret outcomes, program goals and objectives
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing, designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs, preferably in a museum setting
- Demonstrated experience within the arts, education or cultural sector
- Proven ability to engage stakeholders in a strategic manner and communicate within a complex environment
- Demonstrated project coordination skills, including proven ability to lead change, set priorities and complete projects within timeframes
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, negotiation, organisation and problem solving skills
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click ‘apply now’ and submit your cover letter and resume.