All groups visiting the Islamic Museum of Australia must book in advance to ensure access to exhibitions, guided tours and education programs. Please view our School Education Programs for available topics, year level and class size information before making a booking.
Our Administration Staff can assist you to determine how we can best accommodate your curriculum needs and group size.
Teachers and supervisors are admitted free at recommended ratios of 1:3 for Pre School groups, 1:5 for Primary groups, 1:10 for Secondary groups, and 1:20 for Tertiary groups.
Cost & Payment
- Cost for entry to the museum
- Adults: $12
- Student/Concession: $10
- Children 6 – 12 years: $8
- Children 5 and under: Free
- Group bookings which include an art workshop: $15
- All group bookings are required to pay in advance.
- All group booking times are subject to the groups availability and schedule.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booked time.
- Coaches and mini-buses may off-load students at the designated zone outside the museum.
- School Tours are available for booking between 10:00am and 4:00pm daily.
- The Islamic Museum of Australia is open Tuesday to Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm (closed public holidays).
Please note: There is wheelchair access available via the Main Entrance and there is a lift to upper levels of the building.
Student Lunches & Baggage
As there is limited storage space available, we request that students do not bring their school bags into the museum. Lunches and drinks can be stored in tubs.
To book your school tour please visit www.islamicmuseum.org.au
To add to your overall museum experience, guests can visit The IMA Café, which backs onto the Merri Creek trail.
Both students and teachers can enjoy a rich variety of fresh, healthy and flavour some traditional Middle Eastern refreshments, meals and coffee.
Healthy Snack Packs are available for school students and can be ordered prior to arriving to the museum.
Students may choose to buy food from the café or bring their own lunch.